As another week draws to a close it is time to stop and take stock of all that there is to be thankful for. I have spent much of the week tossing up which theme I was going to run with this week for Thankful Thursday. Having every good intention of writing this post well in advance so that Wednesday night was not one that saw me suddenly flipping into a frenzy because I still was without post for today.
Which of course was not what happened, but that probably is not surprising for anyone.
Last week saw three lovely bloggers join and for that I am of course incredibly thankful. It also saw me lose a few likers over on my Facebook page which I was not exactly thankful for. In fact I may have had a little public outcry about it all. The incredibly kind words that came my way after I had my little (metaphorical) cry about it all however I am greatly thankful for. As I am for the beautiful new peeps that have jumped on board since them. I know that really at the end of the day it shouldn't matter too much how many likers I do or don't have but I would be lying if I said that sometimes there is no denying this whole blogging game isn't a bit like a popularity contest.
So without further adieu here are some more of the things that have made me go thanks, this past week
- Winning a book about some PR Queen in Sydney
- A beautiful friend that offered her time and scrapbooking supplies to Lovely and I in a bid to help some of that teenage angst be removed
- A teachers strike that enabled us to spend the day with said friend in the middle of the week.
- Being invited to a morning tea and dinner as recognition of some of the help I have given the school over the year
- Mr Awesome not having to be the Chairperson for the Body Corp for another year
- Wonderfully cool and wet weather
- A cyclone that didn't eventuate
- Almost more time alone than I knew what to do with. Well not really I still could have found plenty of things to do if I had more time, but I am most certainly thankful for the time alone I did get.
- A slight glimmer of hope that Lovely is not going to be a moody teen all the time, or rather signs that some of the moods experienced as a moody teen are in fact on the happy scale.
- Having a lovely lunch with my mother, brother and the girls.
- That there are only two weeks of school left
- Being able to go on excursion with Zany's class
Now you. What has made you go thanks this week?
Sounds like some pretty good things to be thankful for!!ReplyDelete
Thanks for hosting!!
So many great things to be thankful for Rhianna. Thank you for making me thankful again. xReplyDelete
Two weeks left of school ...yayyyy . I still love school holidays (yes I am a teacher lol) however I loved them so much more when my kids were at school . It was such delightful chance to have time together and to take a break from the routine rush. I could ever get enough time with my kids no matter how much I got.ReplyDelete
Thank you for mentioning cyclones! I said to my hubby last night that if we move to Darwin we will have to get an emergency kit together to which he replied "ah..we'll be right, none go through there". I say here's to being thankful one of us has some sense of self protection lol!ReplyDelete
And its a pleasure to join Thankful Thursday, can't wait to link up this week :)